Vegetarian “Bacon and Eggs” Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 strips vegetarian mock bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 container firm or extra-firm tofu, well pressed and mashed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the vegetarian “bacon” in olive oil for a few minutes, just until cooked but not crisp. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Return bacon to the pan along with the mashed tofu, onions, bell pepper, turmeric and soy sauce, stirring to combine. Sautee for a 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently and adding more oil if needed. Remove from heat and stir in yeast.