One-Pot Pasta Primavera
This easy recipe lends itself to endless variations. In place of fresh basil, try 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley, 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 Tbs. finely minced fresh rosemary or oregano.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 8 oz. fusilli pasta
- 2 small yellow squash, halved and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. small broccoli florets (3 cups)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Combine oil, garlic, and lemon zest in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Add squash and bell pepper 4 minutes before end of cooking time. Add broccoli 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Return pasta mixture to pot, and stir in tomatoes, green onions, basil, oil mixture, and reserved cooking water. Heat over medium-low heat until tomatoes are hot. Grated Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan-style cheese for garnish, optional