EVERYONE loves pizza, and if you DON’T you’re probably from another planet…or another dimension entirely. But the PWP (Problem With Pizza, not Parents Without Partners) is this: it’s got way too much saturated fat and cholesterol, glycotoxins, is fiber-poor, and REALLY fattening. Who wants to eat it if you have to WEAR it too? Take heart! There IS a way to make pizza really healthy and absolutely delicious, high in fiber, and cholesterol-free. And it’s easy too!
- 1 Whole Wheat Boboli bread (or other whole wheat crust)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (any kind will do)
- 1 – 6 oz. package of Trader Joe’s (or other brand) Mozzarella soy cheese
- 6 to 8 ozs fresh spinach (or use frozen)
- 1 to 6 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- 1 Portobello mushroom cap
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Fresh basil (to taste; use dried if you have no fresh product)
- Nonstick Pizza pan
- Preheat oven per Pizza bread instructions.
- Heat olive oil in skillet; while heating, dice garlic and cut mushroom in small pieces.
- Cook garlic and mushrooms in oil until done and add spinach and basil.
- Shred cheese with grater.
- Coat pizza shell with sauce and layer toppings evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over pie and cook on pizza pan for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes, slice and serve.
Serving size: slice Calories: 160 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 4g Protein: 11g