Black Beans & Rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium, low fat vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes
- Add the spices and black beans.