Olney Medical was started by Dr. Taubman in 1979 and has since attended to tens of thousands of patients and their families in the greater Olney area. The practice has repeatedly been rated by patients and physicians as “Top Doc” in Washingtonian and Checkbook Magazines. Dr. Taubman, in addition to his expertise as a primary care physician, is also a local expert in the hereditary aspects of cancer and is a graduate of the City of Hope Program in Cancer Genetics and is a member of the Fisher Center for Familial Cancer Research at Georgetown Lombardi. Dr. Taubman writes a number of health blogs and is the medical columnist for the Greater Olney News.
We are conveniently located at 18109 Prince Philip Drive Suite 275, Olney – adjacent to Medstar Montgomery General Hospital. In addition to treating illness when you are sick we offer a full range of preventative services for teenagers to seniors including:
- Complete Preventative Health Checks
- For Women GYN Check and PAP smears
- Diabetes Management
- Thyroid Management
- Osteoporosis Management
- High blood pressure and cholesterol management
- Cancer Prevention Counseling including familial cancers
- Nutritional Advice and Weight Loss (We Have our own nutritionist)
- Complete Blood Work (We Have our own phlebotomist onsite)
- Vaccinations including regular and high potency flu shots for seniors, pneumonia shots including regular and Prevnar booster, tetanus including DPT to prevent whooping cough, shingles vaccine, meningitis vaccine, and TB testing
- We are open from 8:00 to 4:30 M-F and close for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30
- Phlebotomist is available 8:00 to 12:00 M-F ; no appointment is needed. You are encouraged to have your bloodwork drawn at least 2 weeks prior to your Physicals so we will have the results when you come in for your check up. Physical bloodwork should be fasting with nothing to eat for 10 hours though you should drink plenty of water – black coffee is acceptable.
Phone: 301-774-5400 Our office is closed on major Holidays. Dr. Taubman is available through answering service 301-570-7310