Classic Potato Salad with Dijon and Vegetarian Bacon Bits
An all-American homemade potato salad, made with a dijon and vegan mayonnaise sauce and vegetarian bacon bits.
- 4 large potatoes, chopped
- water for boiling potatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1/2 red onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetarian bacon bits
- Boil potatoes in water just until soft. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette and the vegan mayonnaise, then gently toss together with potatoes and other ingredients, except vegetarian bacon bits. Chill.
- Add vegetarian bacon bits just before serving so that they stay crispy and crunchy.
- To make a low fat/lower calorie version: use low fat or no-fat mayo